Thursday, December 20, 2012

FAMILY FAVORITE, EASY VEGGIE BAKE

This is an easy, satisfying, healthy meal. A favorite among many types of eaters!
I have adapted this over time using many different combinations of veggies. All are good!
For my recipe I use a 10 cup Corning Ware baking dish with cover.

Ingredients:
 Fill your baking dish a little more than half way full with a variety of veggies.
 I include, 1 finely chopped onion
3 garlic cloves
1 small eggplant, I leave skin on and dice small
1 cup mushrooms chopped (your favorite variety)
 small zucchini chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen or fresh green beans
Any other veggies that sound good to you or you have in your refrigerator!
1 tablespoon each of basil and oregano.
* crushed red pepper if you like a little heat!
Then add:
1 cup of cooked OR uncooked small whole wheat pasta (like elbows)
I have great luck with uncooked pasta, just make sure they are well covered with veggies and sauce.
1 jar 25.5 oz of your favorite pasta sauce. I use Muir Glen.
Stir sauce into veggies and pasta until well coated.
Optional sprinkle shredded Parmesan or mozzerella cheese on top.
Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350
About 4 servings
* Double and freeze some for another night, or share with a friend or neighbor.

For more health tips check out my web site heidi-colella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment