Friday, May 12, 2017
Besides adding to the rainbow of colors you already eat, beets also have other amazing benefits.
- One cup = 60 calories, 4 grams of fiber, 2.5 grams of protein, folate, manganese potassium, copper, magnesium plus vitamin C and vitamin B.
- Betalains a phytonutrient in beets helps to form gluthione. This is a powerful blood and liver cleanser, flushing out toxins and chemicals.
- Nitrates, naturally found in beets increases physical performance and muscle recovery.
- Betaine and choline are powerful inflammation regulators for the cardiovascular system.
helping to bring cholesterol and blood pressure to healthy levels.
- On the acid/ alkaline scale beets provide alkalinity to the body.
This reduces inflammation and is cancer protective.
I do love beets in all forms...... well not beet juice but here is one of the easy ways to add beets to your diet.
I shred my beets in a food processor, raw and washed but skin on! They provide a mild earthy flavor when on top of salads and in sandwiches!